Thursday, July 8, 2010

Top 10 Reasons to Celebrate Claire

Today is Claire's 10th Birthday! Today Claire would have been 10 years old! Today Claire and I would have been working on our plans to celebrate her 10th Birthday, her first double digit Birthday because most people don't make it to triple digit Birthdays (I never imagined that one of my daughters would not even make it to their double digit birthday)! We had already talked about what she wanted to do! Maybe a trip to NYC but probably a Disney Cruise! It's hard not to muddle in the misery of wanting Claire back, it's hard not to think of all the dreams we had for her, it's hard not to imagine the "what ifs" and the "what should have beens"!

Claire loved a party, she was always the first to get out our "Family Party Box" and decorate for any occasion, just because! So today, we celebrate Claire!

Top Ten Reasons to Celebrate Claire!
10. Claire was always the life of the party!
9. Claire always wanted to celebrate others!
8. It was so much fun to watch Claire having fun!
7. Claire's laughter was infectious and filled you with instant joy and happiness!
6. Claire's sparkle in her eye made you immediately wonder what she was up to!
5. Claire partied hard but would crash when she stopped (and that's when we could finally snuggle with her)!
4. Claire was a constant moving target enjoying everyone around her and bringing a smile to everyone's face! "Where's Claire?"
3. Claire was always up for an adventure and kept us all guessing about what was coming next!
2. Claire Loved Jesus with all of her heart and wasn't afraid to tell anyone!!

and the #1 Reason to Celebrate Claire's Birthday is because of:
Psalms 139:13-16 "Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day."

On this your 10th Birthday Claire, you will forever be 8 years old, frozen in time for as long as I dwell on this earth! Tonight, my arms are empty, my heart is aching, my eyes are filled with tears and my soul is warm with Joy for all of the Sheltering Trees that God has surrounded me with to help Celebrate You today!

Happy Birthday, My Precious Claire! Love, Mommy

5 comments:

beth spray said...

what a precious post - about a precious girl - from her precious mommy! love you all and praying for you still!!

Anonymous said...

Only you could express so eloquently what is in all our hearts, especially right now. I love you and am so blessed and proud that you're my daughter!!

The Rectors said...

You captured the essence of Claire! She was all about others, and all about having fun! The impact she made will never go away. Thank you for letting us be a sheltering tree and thank you for being that for us. I love you and am so blessed that you and your family are in my life. Love you!

p.s. Her spunkiness lives on in the puppy she named (& in his namesake)!

Sunshine1 said...

As I expressed to Mr. Jeff before that I always read your blog. I can only pray for the strength that you have. You are a blessing and a encouragement to others. Thank you for giving to God as you do. Claire was blessed to have a family like she has. May God bless you and your family forever! (Annette Melton)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David