Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Much To Be Thankful For!



What a day this has been! I must admit we have not been looking forward to Thanksgiving (or Christmas for that matter) without Claire! Halloween was a very difficult evening for all of us, so you can imagine what November has been and December will be!

This time of year I seem to reflect upon all the Lord has done for me and my family over the past 12 months. In doing this over the past 5 years or so, I have begun to realize how quickly our lives can change in a year! As I write this I am reflecting on all that I have to be thankful for! Honestly, it is hard to look past the "Great Sadness" that is upon our family and understand that God does in fact have a perfect plan for us! We miss Claire more than words can express and not a moment goes by that I don't yearn for her arms and legs to tighly wrap around my body! In our prayer time together the other day, Jeff was thankful for how Clarie stretched us individually and as a family in ways that no one else ever has or ever will. Man, how I miss that strongwilled, independent, funloving, spirited person always full of life!

Through what we believe was divine appointment (and a little help from Claire), we decided to road trip to NYC to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!! I know, can you believe it!! Let me just say that if this is on your "Bucket List" then do it! It has been great!!

So for today, Thanksgiving 2008, I am so thankful for:
* a Godly Christian husband who loves me and has held me many a moments these past four months while I sob in his arms and questions God's plan for our lives
* three daughters (Abbigayle, Caroline and Sarah) who bring more joy and pride to my heart and soul than I ever thought possible
* friends and family who have remained faithful to minister to us on a daily basis these past four months
* friends who are willing to follow a God Size Dream with us!
* and most importantly I am thankful for a Heavenly Father that has a plan designed especially for my life; Jesus Christ who was willing to sacrifice himself in order that I would have eternal life in His presence and the assurance and comfort that Clarie is resting in His presence and a Holy Spirit that is amidst my every move, thought and feeling (even when I cry out to God for understanding)

"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving." Psalm 69:30 (KJV)

What are you thankful for this evening?

Hugs those babies a little tighter, kiss your husband a little longer, tell your parents how much you love them, send your friends and family a note of encouragement and praise God for what He has done in your life!! You never know what the next 12 months will bring so make the most of them!

May God give you a special blessing today!

7 comments:

Emily Parker said...

As I sit here with Mom, Dad & Shane, with tears running down all our faces, I am so thankful for having such an amazing big sister! I am so excited for you all and the awesome Thanksgiving Day you've had in NYC!! I love you and miss you soooo much!
Emily

The Rectors said...

I am thankful for you, friend! You challenge me, take care of me, and just let me be me. For that, and for the rest of your amazing family, I am thankful!
I love you,
Kim

Anonymous said...

What a day in NYC! We watched the parade this morning and looked for you;)Hugs to everyone XOXOXOXO

Sandra said...

Lots of love coming your way as you settle back in at home after such a great trip! I know that the memories will give you so much to talk about in the coming weeks...one of God's creative ways of helping to ease the pain. I love you so much and sure look forward to some Atkins hugs!

JoyNtheJourney said...

I am so glad you had such an awesome Thanksgiving in NYC! What wonderful memories you have made for your family. I really enjoyed your story and your pictures. I am thankful that you continue to share your life and your heart with us. You are a never-ending source of encouragement to so many. May God continue to bless you as you bless others.

In His Cradling Hands,
Teresa

Unknown said...

What a powerful message. I know exactly how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Wow Angela, Thank you for remindig us to never take a moment for granted. I shared this with Jeff, but I want to share it with you as well. Thanksgiving morning, I turned on TV to show boys the parade and tell them all about it and for them to guess who was there. Well, Clay couldn't guess. As I was telling him, I was calling roll for your family and I included Claire after Abbigayle. I stopped myself and he looked at me and said, "Claire?". I said well no baby. And then Clay said, she is there mommy and she has the best seat!!!
We love you guys and are continually praying and thanking God for each of you!!
Love Angel