Friday, January 2, 2009

"2008 A Year In Review"

Well, this is certainly not the review I would want to give, but once again, I say I serve a Mighty, Awesome, Powerful and Sovereign God and His ways are much greater than my ways!! So here I go!

As most of you are looking back on 2008 and thinking of the joys, excitements, regrets and sorrows and looking forward to a new start to 2009 which would be a chance to redo/undo some of those joys, excitements, regrets and sorrows we are still thinking about the things we have learned from Claire's death and where is God taking us next. The thoughts of beginning a "New Year" without our precious daughter are almost unbearable and yet God continues to give us the strength to endure this heavy burden that has been chosen for us.

I thought I would take CLAIRE's name and share what I am continually learning through her life and death.

C~Care for one another, Comfort one another!

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

We have had so many people comforting us over the past 5 months, but as everyone else is busy with their routines, we are realizing more and more that God is the true comforter and the only one who will always be by our side every minute.

L~Love each other as God has loved you!

Ephesians 4:2 "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

I am evermore mindful of the gentle spirit of my husband and children and that our home must be a refuge from the torrential storms of life. I am working on patience and gentleness.

A~Have an Attitude of forgiveness!

Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

"Nothing is worth more than this day" Mary Englebreit. Take this moment to forgive so that you may have peace in your soul. This moment may be all that you have left.

I~Be Industrious, work as though God is coming back today!

Matthew 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
Psalm 90:17 "May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands."
Proverbs 31:17 "She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."

I want God to find favor in the tasks that my hands and feet work at each day. I am realizing that my family/home is my job and want to be found faithful in caring for them.

R~Rest in Jesus' arms!

Matthew 11:28-32 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I am very weary and burdened and seek refuge everyday (several times a day) in the lap of Jesus. I try to pour out my heart to Him allowing Him to take on my struggles, fears and pain. God is strong! He already knows what pains I have, He just wants me to share them with Him! Thank You Jesus for caring for me so much!!

E~Keep your Eyes on Eternity! Have an Eternal perspective on life!

Ecclesiastes 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

I have never had such a strong desire to be present in my eternal home, as I do now. Jeff and I talk almost daily about this. The things of this world are so insignificant, temporary and shallow! We are so excited about what Heaven will be like, just imagine, constantly being in the presence of Jesus! No fears, no trials, no grief just an eternal praise and worship service! Claire will be there to welcome us, what a glorious day!!

So for us, 2008 was the most difficult year we have ever experienced or could ever have imagined. We have no idea what 2009 has in store for us, but we do know that God does have a plan and direction for us and we pray that He will find us faithful in following His plan.

Anxiously Awaiting the Return of My Saviour!

8 comments:

Jeffery said...

Angela, You continue to amaze me by the way you are allowing our heavenly Father to shine through you. The way that you are able to share your heart so articulately, and the way that you are so real in what you write and share. Thank you for the comfort that you are giving me, the girls and countless others through your blog. I love you so much and I am so thankful that you are by my side.

Sandra said...

Absolutely beautiful! What glorious things God has in store for you this year! The slide show is precious! Praying faithfully for you as you continue to ask God to order your steps and establish the work of your hands. I love you! Enjoy the snow for all of us!

The Rectors said...

What a beautiful way to reflect on what God has shown you this past year. I know the last 6 months or so must seem like the longest of your life. I know they do to me. What an awesome God we serve that He can bring us through tragedy and keep us ever hopeful and ever following His path even when we just want to give up. When I reflect on 2008, I think of what I've learned about God through you, Jeff, and all 4 of your girls. Thank you for that. I'm so thankful to face a new year with a friend who shares my heart, my life, and my love for road trips & chocolate. I love you friend!

Emily Parker said...

God continues to use your words to speak to so many people through your blog. Thank you for being you! This past year, you have continued to praise God and keep your eyes on the finish line when so many people would have just thrown in the towel. I am excited to see what God has in store for 2009! I love the slideshow! I love you and miss you so much!
Emily

beth spray said...

oh angela - thank you so much for your heartwarming/heartsoftening words! you are such a precious blessing and i want you to know we continue to pray for you all! you could not have done a more beautiful job on this post!! GOD is faithful and you are showing that to be true each day - step by step!! love you all!

Anonymous said...

Angela, what a blessing you are. I pray each night for God's light to shine through me for someone else to see. I sure hope one day I will shine like you do. Your witness is so strong! I have learned SO much from you and your family. I love you each dearly. I will continue to pray for your 2009.
Karen

Memaw16 said...

Angela, how can I find the words to tell you how much you are in my heart and how your strength has strengthened so many others. More than anything, you are the best wife my son could have ever had and we all know God's hand was in all of that!
You really need to start writing a book, you are so expressive and knowledgeable. Thank you for sharing your heart and feelings with all of us.
143

Unknown said...

Dear Angela,
I wanted you to know that with the new school semester, Clay just started English Honors and first assignment was "What is in your head?" A lot of what he wrote was about Claire's passing.
You and all of your family are in my prayers everyday.
Lots and lots of love,
Jennie