Monday, September 22, 2008

Brringg! Brrringgg!! Brrringgg!!!

Last Monday, I received the phone call I have been waiting on since we drove away from Brenner's Children's Hospital on July 18th!! Dr. Nakagawa's secretary called and said that he wanted to set up an appointment to meet with us regarding Claire's autopsy report! As I hung up the phone I honestly felt I might be sick to my stomach!! That phone call hit me a lot harder than I had ever expected!!

With that one phone call so much spoke to my heart!!
*It told me that it has been "six to eight weeks" that we have lived without Claire in our arms!!
*It said Claire is no longer with us and the reality of her death is so certain!
*It said that after Wednesday we may have answers about Claire's death or we may have more questions about Claire's death!
*It said God's is in control!

Please keep us in your prayers as we travel to Winston-Salem on Wednesday! Our appointment is at 11am.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

6 comments:

beth spray said...

oh sweet angela - we will pray for peace, comfort, and the answers you need. know that you are loved and lifted to the Father!!

Sandra said...

PRAYING fervently all day tmw..."May the Peace of Christ rule in your hearts!"...May He order your every step tmw! Hugs all day! "His mercies are new EVERY morning! Great is His faithfulness!"

Emily Parker said...

I am praying for you tonight, in the hours before your trip tomorrow, and will continue to pray for you throughout the day tomorrow. I am always here for you anytime, day or night. I look forward to being able to hug you this weekend!
I love you Big Sister!
Emily

karaann said...

I will be praying for you and your family on this trip. I also wanted to thank you for lunch on Friday. It was the perfect ending to a stressful, exhausting, hard week and exactly what I needed. You and your family always know exactly how to make my days so much brighter just by smiling and the wonderful hugs. I just pray that you will be able to feel my smiles, prayers, and hugs tomorrow as you go on this trip and I pray that you will find the peace and comfort you desire. Much love, Kara

JoyNtheJourney said...

We will be praying for you both as you go on this trip today. We pray our God gives you all the strength, comfort and grace you need during this next step of your journey. Prayers for more of those mercies He has been showing you all along.

Blessings,
David, Teresa, Morgan and Rebekah

Angie said...

Praying for you right now as you may still be in your meeting, knowing that God has all the answers and that He will disclose what He knows is needed. May you enjoy the beauty of this day as you endure something that I can never imagine.
love you all!
Angie (and Gene)