Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Calgon!! Take Me Away!!

WOW!! I know it's been a week!! Life just keeps moving forward and I feel like the hamster in her perpetual wheel!!

With three active children in our home, there is never a dull moment (I sure wish we had four active children)! Dishes continue to pile up; laundry must be done; food must be cooked; homework to help with; dance class to attend; cheer leading practice; piano lessons to practice; church activities and the list goes on and on!!!

Everyday brings about a new emotion for me and yesterday was "out of control"! The equilibrium or balance in our life is totally gone, right now!!

Two very dear friends came to clean our home, yesterday, and as I was preparing for them to come (you know try to clean before someone cleans) I quickly realized that some of the tasks I would normally be attentive to, I had not been!! Sadness came over me, because somehow I understood for a brief moment, again, the magnitude of our loss!!

Throughout the past two months, there has not been one single day to go by that someone has not reached out to us!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!! Everyday, we continue to receive phone calls; e-mails; cards; meals; visitors; love; love and more love!!!

You guys are incredible!!! We sure do need you right now!!

"The way God designed our bodies is a model for understanding our lives together as a church: every part dependent on every other part, the parts we mention and the parts we don't, the parts we see and the parts we don't. If one part hurts, every other part is involved in the hurt, and in the healing. If one part flourishes, every other part enters into the exuberance. You are Christ's body—that's who you are! You must never forget this. Only as you accept your part of that body does your "part" mean anything." 1 Corinthians 12:25~27 (The Message)

As the body of Christ, you have all continually cared for us, grieved with us, loved on us and are helping us through this most unimaginable of times, we could never make through this experience without your prayers and support!! Thank You all from the bottom of our hearts for all you have done for us and are continuing to do!! Our Prayer for you is that Our Lord will Bless You in a Mighty Mighty Way!!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I cried myself to sleep last night, praying fervently for you ALL...He has knit us together as a body and when one of us is "out of control" the rest of the body carries some of that burden, for it would be too much to bear alone. I love you sis and I LONG to see you!

karaann said...

I miss you all and I can't wait to see you again to get those famous Atkins family hugs! You all are such wonderful people and I have faith in you that you will be able to make it through anything God decides to put you through because He doesn't put you through anything you can't handle. He is right there with you all the way. I just pray that you will continue to find comfort in each other and when that is not quite enough, you will be able to find comfort in God. Keep praying and keep your head up high and you will be able to get through! I love you all so much and hope to see you soon! Kara Ann

The Rectors said...

Hey friend,
I'm guessing that anyone who has ever walked the road you all are walking would say that they've felt the same way, let the same everyday things go, and gone through the same process that you're going through. I only hate that I can't be closer to you to come over and help with those mundane things. You are constantly on my mind and on my heart. I can't wait to spend some time with you this weekend! I'm praying that God will just work in and through both of us and that He'll be speaking loud and clear and that we'll hear with ears wide open.
Hang on to Him!
Kim

Duck said...

Hey I signed on to a blog. This is a first for me. Just wanted to let yall know yall stay on my mind and prayers. I love yall so much. I wish I could live mine and Jeff's dream to own a buisness toghether that way we could see yall more than we do now. And our girls could grow up together. Cant wait until Nov. 1st.

Emily Parker said...

I miss you so much big sister! You continue to amaze me with your blog and faith in God! I know the next few days will be extra tough for you, as every day has been since Claire has been gone. You are in my thoughts and prayers throughout each day and I can't wait to see you, Jeff and the girls. I love you so much!
Emily

Angie said...

Butterflies, butterflies everywhere I have turned this week!! I guess the Lord knows to send those to remind me to pray. When I see them often, I step up the praying!God is fascinating in how He chooses to communicate with us, isn't He? Praying for peace for you today.