Tuesday, August 12, 2008

May THE Force Be With You

"May THE Force Be With You!" OK, I'm not a Star Wars fan (give me a good chick flick, popcorn and chocolate and I'm happy) but I sure have heard this phrase many times. Well, it gave a whole new meaning to my life last night!

I truly believe there are two forces in our world and they are constantly struggling for power over our hearts. We recently completed a Bible Study series that addressed the evil forces that are present in our daily lives. There are so many undertones within our culture that try to deceive us into thinking (or enticing us) that something may be good for us when in fact it is very harmful! Satan has a way of packaging events, words, culture, etc. that make us desire the undesireable. Jesus was even tempted by Satan. (So once again, our Savior has been in our shoes.) However, Jesus was very clear >"It is also written: do not put the Lord your God to the test." Matthew 5:12"

Last night, Jeff and I were tempted by Satan. We have given God the glory for all that has happened in our live these past 4 weeks, and we truly believe that Claire's death was His Will for Claire's life and our life. Claire's death has brought us so very close to our Lord and to each other. Last night Satan tried to put doubt in our relationship with our Lord. Thankfully, Jeff and I have adopted Proverbs 27:12 "The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it", so went to the altar at our church we cried, held each other, read God's word and prayed together. (I have such a Godly husband)

We will take away the good things from last night:
* pray for God's discernment about all of the decisions we are making
* not everything is as it seems
* remain faithful in God's word
* we are doing really good!!

Please pray for us that we will seek God's direction in all the counsel we seek!!
Abbigayle and Sarah are both home sick this evening! Please pray for God's healing touch on them!

So "May THE (God's) Force Be With!"

8 comments:

Karen-Jay said...

Hey guys,
Doubt is one of Satan's biggest tools and he will use it every time he is given the chance. I wear a daily reminder to help me keep my focus and it is my "frog" necklace.
FROG stands for:
F-fully
R-rely
O-on
G-God
I pray that you will keep your focus on God and he will leave no room for Satan.
Your in my daily prayers.
Lots of love,
Karen

justplayin said...

wow girl this is just getting better and better the more you write, You have such an awesome way with words, and just love reading how you all are doing. I loved being with you guys on sunday, and hope we can do it again soon. You guys keep your chins up and remember that Gods perfect love makes fear impossible to cling to us or cripple us. i sent you an e-mail with the font struggles we were having give me a call when you get a chance.

Love you sis
~jo

The Morgans said...

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with all of us. You have no idea how much your words not only impact us, but show us how to pray for you.
I heard this quote once and I can't remember who said it, but "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. Its about learing to dance in the rain."
Another quote I love is by R.A.Torrey. "The reason why many fail in battle is because they wait until the hour of battle. The reason why others succeed is because they have gained their victory on their knees long before the battle came. Anticipate your battles, fight them on your knees, before temptation comes and you will always have victory."
You will win this battle and you will be victorious. You guys have proven you know how to fight on your knees.
Love, Lara Morgan

Auntie Lynne said...

Dearest Jeff & Angela,
Every minute of every day you are in my mind and heart and I dream about you as well. I pray constantly that God will continue to carry you and, from reading your postings, He truly is! So many people, people you will never know, are holding you close, along with all of us. I ache to see you.
Love to all -- hope those girls are better soon!

The Rectors said...

You know Angela, Satan would like nothing more than for you and Jeff to doubt what God has done and is doing. That just goes to show you both that God is really working in and through you. Otherwise, Satan wouldn't be wasting his time. The other night on Larry King Live, when Mary Beth and Steven Curtis Chapman were on, she said something that continues to resonate with me. She said that when things had gotten the darkest that they had ever gotten and when they'd fallen as far as they could ever fall, they still landed. Their foundation was firm. God already knows when you'll face these battles, so asking Him to prepare you for them is the right thing to do. You and Jeff are so strong, even when you don't feel that you are. Just keep holding on to Christ! We're always here for you, any time. Please hug and kiss the girls for me and tell them I hope they feel better soon.
I love you friend!
Kim

Emily Parker said...

I love you and miss you all, thank you for doing this blog! I wish I was there to give you a hug tonight. I am so thankful that you and Jeff seek God in everything you do. It makes such a difference to so many people. I believe satan is gonna be sorry he ever messed with this family ;) We will all continue to give God all the glory and praise for everything in our lives. Give the girls hugs from us.
Love,
Emily

SummerCrosby said...

Do you remember in school learning about the multitudes of tiny little fish that hang off the backs of the great big whales? I can't help feeling like I'm one of those little fish! Earlier in the summer, I had made the comment that your family is the kind of people that "are just a blessing to know and get to be around." I consider it a special blessing from my Father to be allowed to witness your family "bless His name" through your laughter, your tears, and your sensitivity to His leading each day. You are a "whale" of faith to so many of us! I can only imagine the lives that are going to be touched by this blog.
Love,
Summer

Jenny Harron said...

You guys are such an amazing and special family! It's obvious the God has His hand on your family and under you too! Satan can't win! I pray for strength for all of you to continue to rely on God every second of every day. Thank you for sharing your heart. (Thanks for sharing puppy Eli with Cole and Eli too! I know they are really lovin' him!)
Love,
Jenny
(Kim's sister)