Monday, August 18, 2008

Would You Like Mustard On That?

OK!! As you can tell I was feeling pretty down last night!! The days seem to be getting harder and the nights are especially hard!! I laid down in bed last night with Abbigayle and we talked for a little bit about how we are feeling. She said she feels so lonely, WOW! That's exactly how I feel, here we are surrounded by each other, friends, family and so many loving on us and praying for us and we still feel lonely!! We pinky promised each other to continue to be real with each other!!
It was great to spend that time connecting with Abbigayle and sharing our thoughts~ she is amazing!!!!!

Today, well today has been a really good day!! Some moments I feel like I have the faith of a speck of dust on a coffee table in Whoville (those of you without preschoolers read the great philospher Dr. Seuss and you will get it)compared to a mustard seed. "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20 Jesus said this to his disciples after healing a young boy from seizures (those who know our entire story with Claire will understand the significance of seizures). His disciples were not able to heal this child, they lacked faith.

According to Mark 4:30-32 Jesus said, "What can we say God's kingdom is like? What story can we use to explain it? It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest seed planted in the ground. But when you plant the seed, it grows. It becomes the largest of all garden plants. Its branches are so big that birds can rest in its shade."

HOW INCREDIBLE!!!!! All we need is the faith of a mustard seed and we can move mountains!? This morning I had the faith of that speck of dust in Whoville. What a shame, all that the Lord has done for me in the past 4 weeks and I have so little faith! Once again, today, God poured out new mercies on me! So today, yes for today I can say it has been a good day!!

What seed will you plant today? Plant a mustard seed in someone else's life and watch it grow into a Sheltering Tree that will allow someone else rest in the shade of your seed!

God's Blessings to You!!

5 comments:

Emily Parker said...

It was so good to talk to you today! Your blog is amazing! God is so Awesome! During our trip to NC a month ago, as I prayed for Claire, I struggled with feeling like my faith, somehow, wasn't strong enough. But I knew, with every part of my being, that God was in control. But at the same time I was so scared of what we were about to face. I recalled the sermon we heard the Sunday before where Andy talked about "the faith of a mustard seed". I remember asking Shane, "All it takes is the faith of a mustard seed to move mountains, right?". I knew that I had to put all my faith in God, and that's exactly what I did that night, and continue to do each day. We are looking at God's mural with our noses touching the canvas, and one day, we will see the magnificent work of our Lord.
I love you and miss you all so much!
Emily

Beth Hall said...

Mrs. Helms had a picture of Claire at school this morning. It was taken at last spring's Easter Egg hunt. She was standing with Katy Hall. She looked so pleased.

As a teacher I wish some of my students could feel, just once in their lives at least, the love and support you gave Claire and continue to give your other precious girls. Their lives could be changed forever.

You continue to be in my heart and prayers.
Beth Hall

Claudia said...

Hi Angela
Isn't God's grace amazing? I am in awe of the way during your personal suffering, you are ministering to so many of us on a daily basis. Your faith is strong enough to move a mountain! I have been to Whoville and back a couple of times myself in the past few years, and it has not always been a pleasant journey. Keep up the faith sister! Be real with your friends and your family! Always remember God knows, even when we are unable to process it on our own. He will meet us at just the place we neede Him.
I agree with Beth Hall. If only other children could be loved as you love Claire.... If only I had the faith you do, and could be the same model of Christian motherhood....Wow!!!
I love you and am praying for you my friend.
Love
Claudia

The Rectors said...

Hi friend!
Just remember, one moment at a time. The older I get, that's all I can really handle anyway! What I appreciate about you so much right now is that you are being so transparent and real...not supermom, superwife, superfriend, etc. (although you are all of those things:) ). That's all God expects from us. We can't hide our thoughts and feelings from Him, so why should we hide them from each other? I need to work on that one. Thank you for keeping me real!
Sending hugs to all of you from all of us,
Kim

Nancy said...

Angela,
Your faith may seem to you like a speck of dust, but to those of us who have been privileged to know and observe your family during the last few weeks, it looks like a mountain. Never underestimate the influence you, Jeff, and the girls have had on the lives of those of us who know you and particularly on those who don't. God is using your demonstration of faith in a mighty way. Thank you for so generously sharing your journey with us through your blog. We love you and are praying for all of you each day.
Love,
Nancy
Romans 8:38-39