Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Mother May I"

Do you remember the game "Mother May I"? I sure would like to play that game, today. My game would be called "Father May I" and I would say "Father, May I take 5 steps forward while everyone else stays on their square?" Maybe that way when I slide back 3 steps I will be even with somebody, because right now I feel so far behind there is no way to catch up! I feel like the rest of the world is spinning on it's axis and I am standing still somewhere in the middle in s l o w m o t i o n!! I would love to be caught up on something (I did take a bath this morning, so I guess I am caught up there :)

When Jesus was preparing for his crucifixion, he went up into the Mount of Olives to pray: “Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” Then an angel from heaven appeared and strengthened him. He prayed more fervently, and he was in such agony of spirit that his sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood. At last he stood up again and returned to the disciples, only to find them asleep, exhausted from grief." Luke 22:42-45


I think I am exhausted from grief, I know that is OK and where I need to be right now, but it's also hard to "just be" when I am normally such a "doer"! Doing even the mundane things in life right now are just so overwhelming for me! Actually the mundane doesn't seem so mundane. The important things, or at least the one's that seemed important have somehow taken a back seat to survival.

Continue to pray as we try to get our home back in order and find a routine within our chaos!

Thanks for reading!!

8 comments:

Emily Parker said...

Hugs sent to you today! I love you and miss you. Thank you so much for doing this blog. It not only helps all of us know how to better pray for ya'll but it helps those of us who are so far away feel closer to you. (I hope that made sense)
I love you all!
Emily

justplayin said...

Hey Sister,
Again i so enjoyed being with you all today thank you for sharing your church family with us!! We absolutely love being only 45 min away, But yet sometimes it still seems too far! We love you all so much and if there is anything we can help you with, remember we are only a phone call away!! Lots of love and hugs
~jo

P.S. i hope you like the way your template turned out if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to call!

The Keels 4 said...

Hey guys-
Just a quick note to say we love you and it's ok to just "be" right now. There are plenty of us here that will "do" for you. Have a great night and give the girls a big hug for me (I guess Jeff too!).
See you soon!
Love, the Keels 4

Cousin Lori said...

Hello,
Emily is right this helps those of us who are far away feel closer. I hope the blog is helping you just as much.
Love, Lori

JoyNtheJourney said...

Hi Angela,

I just wanted to tell you that you and your precious family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry I was unable to be with David when he came up to be with y'all. I really would have liked to see y'all again and your beautiful girls. He was really smitten with your little town and all of your friends and family. :0)

I'm really glad you are doing this blog. As others have said, it helps me to know specifically how to pray for you and your family AND I know it is great therapy when you can sit down and write out your feelings. I've been there, even though it was under much different circumstances.

We will continue to pray for our great big God to give you lots and lots of strength and grace as you take one day at a time. Just keep looking up!

Lots of love,

Teresa Stephens

Amber Nolen, Director of Children's Ministry said...

Hello. I wanted to let you know that the people of Auburn Church are praying for your strength and comfort in this time. Shane and Emily go to Auburn Church. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Your blog is amazing and powerful! You are an amazing person!

Amber Nolen
anolen@auburnchurchonline.org

Claudia said...

Hey Angela
It's OK to "be." Let your friends and family minister to you, as you have ministered to them. You and Jeff and your girls are wonderful friends and close to my heart often. I love you and am praying for you and your family. Keep up the blogging!
Praying for you today!
Claudia

Big Boss said...

Here are your hugs!! I love you all so very much. Thank you for sharing with this blog. I am always near, just a phone call away. Let all of us keep holding you up as long as you need.
I love you. Prayers from everyone.
Aunt Susan
Boss of Everyone