Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Now we only have two girls in the tub! As difficult and time consuming bathing 4 daughters has been over the past few years, I sure did miss that this evening!! Claire, Caroline and Sarah almost always took their baths together. Tonight, it was just Caroline and Sarah, they had so much fun and they laughed and played, but wow!! for me, it was quiet!!

In those moments of hectic family life, Jeff and I have looked at each other, totally exhausted and said "One day we will wish we were this exhausted from the daily routines of 4 daughters!" and then with refreshed joy in our hearts we would finish the task at hand! But tonight, for me, as I bathed two girls, in my exhaustion, I thought "I didn't realize I would wish for that utter exhaustion from 4 girls to bath and get ready for bed so soon in my life!"

5 comments:

gmommy said...

Oh, wow, I love your blogs. It just helps me feel close to you all, when my heart aches to be physically closer, for all those great hugs.
I love the pictures. The one of you and Claire is absolutely beautiful. There are naturally tears of sadness here, but more importantly, tears of ABSOLUTE JOY as I see my precious daughter with her beautiful, special baby. My prayer to our Sweet Heavenly Father is for good rest for both your and Jeff's exhausted bodies, as you make this journey. Please give extra big hugs and our love to Abbigayle, Caroline and Sarah.
I love you !!!! Mom

Emily Parker said...

God is touching so many lives through Claire! Now, someone will be able to get an education! From a mother's heart, I know there must be times when none of that seems to matter and you just want her back. Thank you for being so open with all of us in your blog, and thank you for praising God even in the hard times! I am so honored that God chose you as my big sister!
I Love You!!
Emily

Jeffery said...

Hey Sweetheart,
I felt the same way when I gave the girls a bath Sunday night. It is just not the same with out the Clairebear. She was always the general of the bathtub and did not need any help bathing herself and her two younger sisters. I sure do miss her!!! It did bring joy to my heart to see the way that Caroline and Sarah still have so much fun in the tub together and to hear all the gigles and laughter.

Karen-Jay said...

Hey Guys,
Hugs to each of you! I log on each day to see how you are doing and try to send an encouraging word and find that your words are so encouraging to all who read your blog. I love seeing the pictures too and with 4 beautiful girls you know the pictures will be great every time we log on! Thank you for sharing your lives with us. Living so far away; it helps us to fell closer to you. I wish I could be there to give you an warm hug instead of a cyber hug but cyber hugs and lots of love are being sent your way. Your are in my many prayers each day.
Love and miss you guys!!
Karen

The Rectors said...

Hi guys,
I thought of another great Atkins bathtime story this week when I got the stitches out of my knee at the doctor on Monday. Maybe I should've just come to your house and let Sarah (I think it was Sarah that pulled one of Claire's out?) pull them out for me! Maybe she has the medical field in her future. My heart aches for all 5 of you daily. Praying for peace and joy and the ability to walk through each day doing what you need to do.
Hugs and love to all of you,
Kim